Brick Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic History - "Ripe Planet" Finished

2 posters

Go down

Galactic History - "Ripe Planet" Finished Empty Galactic History - "Ripe Planet" Finished

Post  Mega Bear Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:42 pm

I'm working on an ambient album using FL Studio. The album is titled "Galactic History" and focuses on, well, the history of a galaxy. The album opens with a spacey, thoughtful song and begins to focus on the events of an unspecified planet as it develops life. Afterwards the album follows the progress of the planet's unnamed race as it finds its place in the galaxy.

1. Formation [3:19]
2. Ripe Planet [1:18]

Hope you enjoy, please provide feedback.

Last edited by Mega Bear on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Galactic History - "Ripe Planet" Finished Empty Re: Galactic History - "Ripe Planet" Finished

Post  Gothboy77 Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:13 am

It actually does sound like Galactic History! It also gives me that "really deep minded, lost in thought" type of tune. I could quite easily nap to it. It would be a good song for "musical therapy" for people having a hard time sleeping.

Good job Mega Bear. Sounds nice (:

You could also put this into a video game for some kinda of background cut scene music or something similar!
Gothboy77
Gothboy77
Chillin'
Chillin'

http://BrickMania.FindTalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Galactic History - "Ripe Planet" Finished Empty Re: Galactic History - "Ripe Planet" Finished

Post  Mega Bear Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:52 am

Gothboy77 wrote:It also gives me that "really deep minded, lost in thought" type of tune. I could quite easily nap to it. It would be a good song for "musical therapy" for people having a hard time sleeping.

Thanks so much for the feedback man. What you just said is exactly what I was going for.
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothboy77 Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:03 pm

I saw you edited the topic. Just curious why you switched to sound cloud?
Gothboy77
Gothboy77
Chillin'
Chillin'

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:30 am

Gothboy77 wrote:I saw you edited the topic. Just curious why you switched to sound cloud?

Youtube cut the video by three seconds, so the song ended a little abruptly rather than fading out. The sound quality had also degenerated noticeable on Youtube, the long wailing notes were breaking at their crest.

Soundcloud is built specifically for hosting music. It's more convenient for managing album art and grouping songs together, so in the future when I finish more songs it will be easier for me to upload them and tag relevant info.
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothboy77 Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:36 am

I figured it had to do with something of the sort. Youtube has gotten kinda sloppy, so they can save bandwidth I imagine.
I just liked how I could play your music right off the BM page.

Does SoundCloud support some type of embedded player?

NINJA: After some small research I found that you can only embed via widget. Hm. How would it make you feel if I dedicated a widget on the portal to my trusty moderator and his music? "Mega Bears Music Updates" and then we can see whats up every time you upload a song and play it straight off the Home Brick. This way people can mute the game of the week and listen to your tunes as they game out if they so desire. Smile

Might wanna dedicate a few songs to some sort of gamer-type-music album?

Just some thoughts for food study

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1209780-how-to-add-soundcloud-to-your-website
Gothboy77
Gothboy77
Chillin'
Chillin'

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:42 am

Gothboy77 wrote:NINJA: After some small research I found that you can only embed via widget. Hm. How would it make you feel if I dedicated a widget on the portal to my trusty moderator and his music? "Mega Bears Music Updates" and then we can see whats up every time you upload a song and play it straight off the Home Brick. This way people can mute the game of the week and listen to your tunes as they game out if they so desire. Smile

Might wanna dedicate a few songs to some sort of gamer-type-music album?

Lol well I don't know, I'm not going to be churning music out at a great rate. As it stands I've only made very small preparations for the second song on the album I'm working on, so idk.
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothboy77 Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:24 am

Well yes yes I do understand. I know you got things going on in real life too. But once you get the hang of it you could maybe produce 1 short song a week? It's all on your cue man I aint in no rush Wink
Gothboy77
Gothboy77
Chillin'
Chillin'

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:53 am

Finished "Ripe Planet" today. It's pretty short which is why I got it done so fast. Very Happy 

Gothboy77 wrote:Well yes yes I do understand. I know you got things going on in real life too. But once you get the hang of it you could maybe produce 1 short song a week? It's all on your cue man I aint in no rush Wink

I could certainly do that. Once a week is really often though, but once a month is doable for sure.
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down