Brick Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality?

+2
Mega Bear
Jakester
6 posters

Go down

Does Blockland need more server variety?

Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality? Vote_lcap71%Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality? Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]
Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality? Vote_lcap14%Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality? Vote_lcap14%Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality? Empty Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality?

Post  Jakester Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:36 pm

So I used to love Blockland. Seriously, we would go on dates every weekend and I'd even consider paying for it; but ever since it's hit Steam I've had a hard time getting back into it. I'd believe it's either me playing it so extensively, but Blockland had me hooked for such a long time and has such versatility that the idea didn't seem plausible. So I thought maybe it's the hosts not putting that versatility to good use that is driving me away. So far, since it's come to steam, I've opened it twice, then closed it about 5 minutes later, being uninterested in my options in terms of servers. Team Deathmatch, Trench TDM, Grapple knife (Ohh, so cool >.>), and sandboxes. (granted my filter settings don't include full or empty servers). Anyway, I'll propose my question now, seeing as I can't possibly be the only one who feels this way, do ya'll feel like Blockland needs a splurge of innovation in servers? Back when I joined there were tons of things from defenses to TDMs to Sandbox to parkour and roleplay. Now it just feels eh. Or is this feeling just specific to me? With the death of RTB and no successor to fill it's role, mod management has become more difficult and has stunted independent server hosting as well. So yeah that sucks too.

I know a good few of you people here are Blockland vets and will have something interesting to say, but for now, have a good day Smile
Jakester
Jakester
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Back to top Go down

Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality? Empty Re: Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality?

Post  Mega Bear Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:38 am

I agree. Blockland has a lot of potential, but it's gotten old for me. Not that that's a bad thing--I sunk about 2500 hours into it over my lifetime, so it's definitely got replayability. But now I'm at the point where I'm just a little tired of it. Gunplay is kind of shit, so I never play TDM/DM servers. I don't know how anyone can find them fun. I like the more creative gamemodes like creeper and things like that.
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality? Empty Re: Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality?

Post  Jakester Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:20 pm

Creeper was so fun despite it's simplicity Sad
Jakester
Jakester
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothboy77 Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:02 am

I think what you have is called "being burnt out on BL" syndrome. I had this for about 8 months. Blockland was boring, nothing was fun. The thought of building gave me a headache.

I guess the only thing you can do is give it a break and come back later. Thats what I did and it worked. Over time I grew the want for building and eventing again.
Gothboy77
Gothboy77
Chillin'
Chillin'

http://BrickMania.FindTalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakester Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:28 am

Gothboy77 wrote:I think what you have is called "being burnt out on BL" syndrome. I had this for about 8 months. Blockland was boring, nothing was fun. The thought of building gave me a headache.....

Yeah, I've noticed that I've played Blockland for long periods of time non-stop, then couldn't even conceive playing it for months.
Jakester
Jakester
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonblazer21 Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:04 am

The problem with me was the lack of originality for servers. there was thousand of RP's servers, several speed kart( which is fun every once and awhile) and some poor TDM with a turd of a map. aside from the Jailbreak server there's literally nothing fun anymore. sometimes your going to see those nice servers that like Jakester said "Creeper was so fun despite it's simplicity". It premises was simple yet addictive at the same time.

I agree with Mega as well with gun games. the physics engine for bullet travel is nail biting frustrating with the curve it takes after firing and I'm not gonna bother bringing up grapple knife servers; the melee hit zone are such BS more than half the time. Some exception were the slopes TDM before the shades implementation. The meta was simple and guns weren't broken to a level being OP.

Its not that it got boring from over extent of playing its just people rather put little effort into something or are going to go play something that is already successful thus the lack of originality on servers (LAZY).

Suffice to say with old members to leaving, those that put effort into their work, lack of decent quality builds is nearly devoid in Blockland (¬_¬)
Moonblazer21
Moonblazer21
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakester Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:18 am

You know, it's not even that hard to make something that's fun in Blockland. The REAL problem is getting people on your server so that you don't lose the motivation to keep hosting it. Most people are just going to bandwagon on the typical, unoriginal game types.

Blockland is a game where you can do a lot with so little, and yet everyone just wants the same thing.
Jakester
Jakester
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Back to top Go down

Blockland - Needs an Outburst of Originality? Empty Mexcutionist!

Post  Mexican Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:47 pm

See blockland has gotten worse as the time steam progressed... Now theirs nothing but 100k noobs/moron/fucking dipshits. I play mostly on about 5 different server a week... I have a select few i like ... Most of the time I go to server where I know the host and he/she NOT a noob or to server that are populare and are set up RIGHT.

The new blockland players that a dumb are kinda like Cock sucking mother fucking two ball titty suck bitch nigga ass fuck tard bitch loving fat lazy fucks with not lifes and there mom/dad are most likely on crack cocaine.

Note:Im Mexicutionist! BL_ID 26926
Mexican
Mexican
Occasional Gamer
Occasional Gamer

http://Www.fuckoff.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dafrandle Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:54 am

i think i have a smaller id than you

does that mean i'm cool?

last i remember is somewhere around 15000
dafrandle
dafrandle
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:30 pm

dafrandle wrote:i think i have a smaller id than you

does that mean i'm cool?

That was about five or six years ago. Since Blockland got on Steam and Amazon, user IDs have skyrocketed to the 110ks, I think they might even have reached the 130ks.
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  dafrandle Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:05 pm

that sound about when i played blockland activly
dafrandle
dafrandle
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothboy77 Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Mega Bear wrote:
dafrandle wrote:i think i have a smaller id than you

does that mean i'm cool?

That was about five or six years ago. Since Blockland got on Steam and Amazon, user IDs have skyrocketed to the 110ks, I think they might even have reached the 130ks.

Im not ID racist, I hate all people equally. I saw a 151K at knife the other day. Pretty sure an alt tho
Gothboy77
Gothboy77
Chillin'
Chillin'

http://BrickMania.FindTalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down