Brick Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Vonnegut

3 posters

Go down

Kurt Vonnegut Empty Kurt Vonnegut

Post  Mega Bear Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:53 am

Kurt Vonnegut Kurt_Vonnegut_at_CWRU

This man, Kurt Vonnegut, is my biggest hero ever. If possible, I'd like to become an author just like him. He's from Indiana like my dad, who is also a fan of his. Kurt is a hilarious satirist (satire is an artistic way of ridiculing society to make a political, religious, or moral point, it's like sarcasm) who has blended science fiction into some of his best work.

----------

He's written some utterly fantastic books, many of which subreference each other. I'll tell you about the three best.

Kurt Vonnegut Breakfast-champions_4054_500
This book was Kurt Vonnegut's way of clearing his head of 50 years' worth of ideas. It follows Kilgore Trout and an insane man named Dwayne Hoover, who takes Trout's fiction entirely seriously. This novel is filled to the brim with commentary on the dark side of society as well as incredible satire.

Kurt Vonnegut 9780385333498
The Sirens of Titan is about the richest man in America, Malachi Constant, who meets a celebrity space traveler. The traveler, Winston Rumfoord, is also very rich and has accidentally entered a chronosynclastic infundibulum at one point, causing him to see the future and understand all truths. Rumfoord sends Constant on a journey through the solar system, causing him to visit Mercury, fight for the Martian army, and at last land on Titan, a moon of Saturn. Constant lives there and meets a Tralfamadorian robot, who tells him that the human race was created by Tralfamadorians to manufacture a replacement part for the robot's spaceship.

Kurt Vonnegut Slaughterhouse-five
Slaughterhouse-Five is about a man named Billy Pilgrim who comes unstuck in time. He is constantly jumping from point to point in his life, experiencing each moment again and again in a random pattern. He sees his time in WWII, which is very glum but is home to the climax of the novel. He sees his life before the war as a child. He also sees his life after the war, and meets his hero, an unheard of writer named Kilgore Trout, who becomes a good friend of his. Billy is also abducted by 4D aliens called Tralfamadorians, who can see time itself. They explain time to him to help him understand his condition, and teach him the Tralfamadorian philosophy: Focus on the good times, not the bad. Literally.

---------

tldr read this shit
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Kurt Vonnegut Empty Re: Kurt Vonnegut

Post  dafrandle Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:19 am

Mega Bear wrote:This man, Kurt Vonnegut, is my biggest hero ever. If possible, I'd like to become an author just like him.

even though you posted a short story that was essentially about a 12 year old getting raped
dafrandle
dafrandle
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:09 am

dafrandle wrote:
Mega Bear wrote:This man, Kurt Vonnegut, is my biggest hero ever. If possible, I'd like to become an author just like him.

even though you posted a short story that was essentially about a 12 year old getting raped

Pffft, noooooo I didnnnnn't.
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  dafrandle Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Mega Bear wrote:
dafrandle wrote:

Pffft, noooooo I didnnnnn't.

the consent ages is between 16 and 18 depend on the state, ither way the guy would have been charged with it
dafrandle
dafrandle
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:41 am

What are you even talking about lol

I don't recall posting rape stories.
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  dafrandle Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:34 am

dont you rember you post a story that you put into a code box because it was so long, i also said essentially. but im probably the only one that rembers that topic

Last edited by dafrandle on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
dafrandle
dafrandle
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:46 am

That story was about two preteens having sex, lol. No rape.

dafrandle wrote:but water

oh gosh lol
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothboy77 Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Slaughterhouse Five is good
Gothboy77
Gothboy77