Brick Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas

4 posters

Go down

Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas Empty Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas

Post  Jakester Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Between FO3 and New Vegas, which do you prefer? I'm not trying to start an argument, but i was just curious on you guy's opinions.

Both games use the same engine, and they share similar aspects. Fallout New vegas is the Newer version of the game.

I personally enjoy FO3, it gets a better feel of immersion across as your constantly shown ruined buildings and a destructed wasteland, trying to do deeds to help the survival of mankind. ( Or yourself. Twisted Evil ) The story gets across very well. There are a few weird moments where some quest seems a little 'lore unfriendly' but that wasn't too often/too bad. The game story element is that you have just left (escaped) the safety of your vault in search for your dad and exploration of life outside. (but mostly your dad.)

Fallout New vegas gets the advantage of the new features, weapons, and more. However, the map design feels like just a big desert and I often go a while without a reminder that this is an Apocalypse. ( The occasional destroyed building or mutated animal or so. ) I began to note this when i realized Mr. House had spent a crap ton of money for a tiny object, even the idea of a "city" in a wasteland felt kind of out of the water to me. And this may be more of a personal opinion, but the quests in fallout NV feel more like errands for the typical free world games. Your normally sent out to find something, kill someone, or interact with something/someone. Once the main story line is finished, the side quests just feel like your some mercenary for hire in a world thats seen better days. Also on a side note, theres way less raider camps/enemy encounters ( In the vanilla that is ) so you'll often find yourself walking for a long while, only killing the occasional mole rat. ( This may not be apparent during the beginning of the game, but you'll notice it further in. ) The game's story element is that your are a courier who got shot in the face, and now hunts the person who attempted to put you in the ground. ( Kind of interesting. You'd think you'd want to AVOID the person who almost killed you. )

Once again these are personal opinions, I'm not trying to say NV is shit and anyone who plays it is stupid. I'm just saying i like it better.

Thanks for reading this huge wall of text, be sure to leave your opinion ( Provided you have the game )
Jakester
Jakester
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Back to top Go down

Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas Empty Re: Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas

Post  Mega Bear Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:30 pm

I like Fallout 3 more. Feels more sandboxy than New Vegas and I love sandbox games.
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  dafrandle Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:25 pm

i also have fo3 but im plaing on geting NV too
dafrandle
dafrandle
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonblazer21 Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:09 am

i do like fallout 3 more but i love new vegas due to the fact that it caries a majority of gear and weapons onto it
Moonblazer21
Moonblazer21
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonblazer21 Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:51 pm

heard fallout 4 (name in progress) is currently being developed or at least noted of being planned cheers
Moonblazer21
Moonblazer21
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:44 pm

A Fallout 4 would be pretty cool, I just really hope it runs better than Fallout 3.
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakester Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:00 am

Mega Bear wrote:A Fallout 4 would be pretty cool, I just really hope it runs better than Fallout 3.

As long as Bethesda has anything to do with development, there will be a shit ton of bugs.
Jakester
Jakester
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  dafrandle Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:37 am

agreed
dafrandle
dafrandle
Master Gamer
Master Gamer