Brick Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

••• Lands of the Strange •••

5 posters

Go down

••• Lands of the Strange ••• Empty ••• Lands of the Strange •••

Post  Mega Bear Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:35 am

LANDS OF THE STRANGE
Where weird things happen and people die.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intro

Welcome to Lands of the Strange. This is a very laid back RP topic where players create simple characters and are left to explore an odd universe, full of villains and heroes. There's little emphasis on logistics like health, skills, and levels. The focus is storytelling, character/plot development, and exploration.

The universe is full of planets, most of which are comprised of a couple biomes and populated by various species. The inhabitants of the universe are generally intelligent Earth animals. For example, Earth is populated mostly by humans, while other worlds and moons will be populated by bipedal aardvarks, gerenuks, mantises, goldfish, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Planets

Here's a list of well-known planets. You'll encounter more than just colonized planets; some will be post-apocalyptic, some will be vacation resort worlds, some will be massive nature preserves, some will be prisons. It's up to the players to find them. You are definitely allowed to make up your own planets if you desire!

• Earth: Inhabited by humans/the Human Empire.
  • Ursalis: Inhabited by bears/the Bear Empire.
  • Orycter: Inhabited by aardvarks/the Aardvark Empire.
  • Mantod: Inhabited by mantises/the Mantis Empire.
  • Pygocin: Inhabited by piranhas/the Piranha Empire.

Applications

Fill this app out to create a character. Don't worry if you arrive late, I'll add your character in immediately through a twist of fate.

Name: [First and last name. Go with something heroic!]
Species: [Human, ant, gecko, any animal really. Keep in mind your species will be the size of a human and walk upright somehow.]
Current Location: [The planet you are on. Leave blank if you want me to choose.]
Inventory: [The stuff in your pockets. Leave blank if you want me to choose.]

Character List

Name: Soloman Zap (Mega Bear).
Species: Bear.
Current Location: Earth.
Inventory: None.

Name: Shinito Kazuri (SilverSwag).
Species: Mantis.
Current Location: Orycter.
Inventory: Prison shiv.

Name: Kurono Le'Gothboy (Gothboy).
Species: Organic Soul-Bound Being.
Current Location: In the middle.
Inventory: A very sharp pen.

Players RP their own characters. There is no game master. You are free to literally do anything you want. You can stage an uprising on a planet, blow up spaceships, commit genocide, even meet other players. Just try to challenge yourself.

Last edited by Mega Bear on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

••• Lands of the Strange ••• Empty Re: ••• Lands of the Strange •••

Post  SilverSwag Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:17 am

Name: Shinito kazuri
Species: highborn mantis
Current Location: Orycter
Inventory: Prison shiv
SilverSwag
SilverSwag
Noob Gamer
Noob Gamer

http://www.Thegreatest.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:26 am

Soloman Zap finds himself passed out in a pile of sand. He sits up, staring through squinted eyes as the morning sun beats down, and tries to understand where exactly he is.

To his left and right are tall mechanical walls, the cradles of docked spaceships. He realizes he is lying in the aisle of an outdoor shipyard on Earth. After getting up, he spots a piece of paper on the ground. It reads: "Cross us again and you're dead, Zap."

Memories rush back to him. Soloman Zap remembers a gang of interplanetary thugs called the "Sol's Angels" beating him up and dumping him here the night before. It was because he had failed them one too many when put up to drug trafficking runs.

He walks down the isle, unfamiliar with the area, ready to begin his adventure.

SilverSwag wrote:Name: Shinito kazuri
Species: highborn mantis
Current Location: Orycter
Inventory: Prison shiv

Since your character has a shiv, I'm guessing it's in prison? Good place to start if it is.
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverSwag Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:26 am

*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

Shinito awakes on his metal bunk, the uncomfortable bars, he could feel them lining his back. "and the bell rings once more" His

bunkmate below him, Gary Kushman, Arrested for multple counts of first degree murder. Shin hops down off the top bunk. "any

news on the break?" "John and bush are looking for stundts in the patrol, can't be more than a month now." (they are planning to

escape from prison) "lovely, I cant stand this place anymore. Its beginning to smell like rotting tuna."

*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

The bell rings again. "Time to get some grub big guy." Shin says to his gary. "ill be right out, just gotta finish this 'project'"

Shin walks to the cafeteria, Gary puts his 'toothbrush' on the sink and follows.

The cafeteria was always busy, 100+ inmates, all from the same planet, there was always Patrol officers on watch because every

single day there was a riot in the cafeteria, someone got stabbed with a fork, someone got hot soup poured into their eyes,

someone got beaten and stabbed to death with a plastic tray, its always the same routine. after a while you get used to death.

Today looked different, everyone was happy and calm, sitting at their tables stuffing their faces with grub like the fat bastards they

where. Shin and Gary get their food and sit with their crew. "So whats the dance tonight?" Shin asks Alex, an inmate buddy. Big

muscular guy, Always wears a Tanktop to look cool. "Tonight we're gonna try and lower the guard numbers if possible, i have a guy

on the inside, Joshua, He's part of the security team. He'll cut the power via remote signal for 1 hour, we have until 3AM to get

whoever we can out of commission" Alex explained to the crew. A man stands up in the back of the cafeteria, A tall skinny guy, He

walks over to their table. "I hear you guys are looking to lower the patrol numbers. I can help you with that, but I'm a bit of a

psycho, I have irrationality disorder." He says. "Look, don't involve yourself in this unless you're absolutely sure." shin says to the

man. "what you don't think I'm good enough? is that it? Well then, let me show you what kind of behavior I'm capable of." "oh shit"

Gary mumbles. The 'psychopath' walks passed a guard and towards the Prison cells. The guard crumbles to the ground and blood

pools out of his mouth as he chokes on the tiled floor. "Alright boys looks like we've got a new member." Alex whispers to us.
SilverSwag
SilverSwag
Noob Gamer
Noob Gamer

http://www.Thegreatest.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  dafrandle Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:16 am

this looks interesting, but I won't jone yet, as i don't have as fast of an imagination. also i want to know how characters will interact with each other given the fact that there's such a delay on replies (usually, its a forum after all))
dafrandle
dafrandle
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mega Bear Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Soloman Zap walks up to an engineer with a clipboard, doing a maintenance check on one of the docked spaceships. Zap taps him on the shoulder. "Hi there. Mind telling me what city I'm in?"

The engineer gives him a weird look. "Miami."

"Good." Zap looks up at the nearest spaceship. It's compact, only 200m long. He figures it must be very cheap. "How much for that ship?"

The engineer eyes the ship and shrugs. "I'd sell it for two grand. You interested?"

"Two grand? I'm short on money, is there any way I could do some work to earn it?"

"Do some work?" The engineer gives it a thought. "Come to think of it, there's something that needs done--but it ain't a company thing. It's personal. Think you could waste a guy for me?"

Zap nods. "It's doable. I need a name and a place."

The engineer tears a piece of paper from his clipboard and begins to write. "His name's Jaze Velnor--an iguana. Lives two miles from here in a shack in Little Kihuana."

The engineer hands Zap the paper with Velnor's information on it. He looks it over. "What did this lizard do to get on your bad side, exactly?"

"He stole from me." The engineer waves him away. "Get on, now. The ship's yours if you bring me Velnor's head."

Zap nods and turns to leave.

dafrandle wrote:this looks interesting, but I won't jone yet, as i don't have as fast of an imagination. also i want to know how characters will interact with each other given the fact that there's such a delay on replies (usually, its a forum after all))

Probably just post in response to each other. Like if my character meets SilverSwag's, I'll say hello and ask if he wants to join me in whatever it is I'm doing. If he's up for it, he'll say yeah, and then we take turns progressing our story.
Mega Bear
Mega Bear
PC Gamer
PC Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Meow.ItsMaddie Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Name: Hiragana Kanji
Species: Feline
Current Location: (I will let Mega Bear choose)
Inventory: Claws :3
Meow.ItsMaddie
Meow.ItsMaddie
Boo Thang
Boo Thang

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothboy77 Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:21 pm

I really like this and plan on doing something with it

Name: Kurono Le'Gothboy
Species: Organic Soul-Bound Being
Current Location: In the middle
Inventory: A very sharp pen

Kurono is torn between love and the thought of hating life. The only reason to love life is for the feeling of love itself. If love means nothing why should we live? I mean whats the fucking point, kato?

I WONT GIVE UP DAMN YOU
ILL KILL IT,
ILL FUCKIN' KILL IT

not being dramatic just like this topic. Please give me something MegaBear  Smile 
Gothboy77
Gothboy77
Chillin'
Chillin'

http://BrickMania.FindTalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down