Brick Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bro Points

2 posters

Go down

Bro Points Empty Bro Points

Post  Jakester Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:49 am

Bro points are things you can give out to certain people for doing good deeds. Its just a new thing i'm trying out

What you do is put a person name and how many points you given them in your signature to sure appreciation to them.

Notes:

1. whether your a guy or gal you are ALWAYS a bro

2. Here's a list of the 1 - 5 point scale with examples
1 - A small deed (Picking up something someone dropped or something like that.)
2 - An average deed. (Helping an old lady cross the street.)
3 - An aboove average deed. (Helping someone with a re-occuring problem they've been having)
4 - A large deed. (Helping someone fix a constant problem they've been having)
5 - A super mega uber fantastic deed (I really don't know)

3. This is just i small thing i'm doing, You don't have to do it and please don't say "Your an idiot trolololololololololololollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol"

4. Yup
Jakester
Jakester
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Back to top Go down

Bro Points Empty Re: Bro Points

Post  Gothboy77 Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:26 pm

We did have a "bro point" system at one time. This was also known as the bricks system v1. It didn't work because spammers would always give people they didn't like a bad rep, or you could make a separate account, and give your real account a good rep. This is cheating.

Bricks v2 was slightly more controlled, you could vote posts up or down, but the downside was that only the topic creator would receieve points, you couldn't give points out for simply replying to a post.

The Bricks systems v3 (The current bricks system) gives you 1 brick for every reply, and 2 bricks for every topic created. This system is abusive, however this keeps me in control of brick counts because if someone spams topics for a bricks count I can simply delete their posts to reduce the brick count.

I have been thinking about a rather new bricks system, that relevance to grant bricks. Ive been coding a css-vbs file that can limit the amount of bricks a person can give or take. This would make the bricks system more like a voting system. Readers can share their opinion of how great or poor they think the topic of relevence is, or they could just not vote at all. The vote could be say "5/5 bricks" so the poster gets 5 bricks. This voting system could be abused, but this would require literally every member of the forum voting exactly the same on all posts. This would grow boring, and then you would get banned Razz

Im still thinking v4 over but when the site is remoddled, love will strike High
Gothboy77
Gothboy77
Chillin'
Chillin'

http://BrickMania.FindTalk.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakester Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:26 am

Gothboy77 wrote:Just read what he said up there ^

That sounds pretty cool, I didn't know thats how the brick system worked Razz

I came up with bro points because you could positively reward other players depending on how useful they've been to you. So newer members can see who they should ask if they wanted help. or something like that
Jakester
Jakester
Moderate Gamer
Moderate Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum